[OpenAFS-devel] Fedora 19 build slave is online

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:54:40 -0400

On 09/27/2013 03:28 PM, Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2013, at 20:20 , Jason Edgecombe wrote:

>>> Please do add it.
>>>
>> I usually wait a few days to gauge stability, but I'll add it sooner if someone else seconds the proposal to add the fedora buildslave to the gerrit builds.
> Seconded. It does make sense, and if there are problems with it they have to be dealt with anyway.
>
> I have two questions: Will this slave have a frozen package setup, or will it receive the regular package updates? And what will happen when F19 reaches its EOL?

Done. The fedora19 builder is now triggered by gerrit.

I don't know. Derek is the admin and would decide that.

My preference is to have the slaves keep up with patches, but others
have different opinions. After Fedora 19 goes EOL, we could leave it
as-is, upgrade to fedora 20 or migrate to Centos7 at that time. Having a
Fedora slave allows us to have a head-start on RHEL/Centos 7. Once
RHEL/Centos 7 is released (in 2014?), we might want a slave for fedora
20+ and one for RHEL7. The discussion of the RHEL5 support timeline may
pop up at that time.

Jason