[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Callbacks on shutdown -- release-team minutes 2014-02-12

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:33:56 -0600

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:25:14 -0500
drosih@rpi.edu wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I didn't notice this topic come up before.  What
> problems would be seen when these clients connect/disconnect to those
> ancient versions of file servers?  I'm not asking that the change be
> skipped, but just wondering what behavior would be seen.

"Undefined behavior". In theory, anything could happen, but the most
likely result is that the fileserver just crashes (SIGSEGV, SIGBUS,
SIGABRT, etc). If I recall correctly, the busier the server is, the more
likely it will have a problem.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net