[OpenAFS-devel] FreeBSD config bits

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:45:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014, Stephan Wiesand wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2014, at 06:56 , Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
>> FreeBSD 9.3 was released a short while ago, but there are no config
>> bits (which I discovered while preparing the new 9.3 buildslave that
>> will shortly replace the 9.2 slave).  Also, the release cycle for
>> FreeBSD 10.1 is about to start.  I've pushed two changes to Gerrit
>> (11327 and 11328) to add bits to src/config for these two releases.
>> No other changes should be necessary since FreeBSD doesn't break
>> API/KPI compatibility within a major release.  11327 is obviously more
>> important since 9.3 is already released.  For some reason, buildbot
>> has decided not to start build-testing it yet; I can confirm that
>> master+11327 does build on the 9.3-buildslave-to-be.

Thanks for sending these out, Garrett.  I have been a bit distracted...

> Buildbot is fine with the changes, and Jeffrey merged them onto master,
> and I don't se a problem with having these in the next 1.6 release.
> However, the changes pushed to the 1_6_x branch aren't quite right. They
> should have the full commit message as on master, plus a "cherry-picked
> from" line, but a different Change-ID (git cherry-pick -x 6667399; git
> commit --amend [remove the Change-ID line]; git push...).
>
> 11329 and 11330 should thus be abandoned and replaced with "proper"
> pull-ups. I'll mark them "do not submit" for this reason.

It's worth noting for the list at-large that the contents of the config
headers must necessarily differ between 1.6 and master, most notably due
to the absence of AFS_64BIT_ENV on master.  The cherry-pick will need to
be edited before it is usable.

-Ben