[OpenAFS-devel] FreeBSD config bits

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 23:58:04 +0200

On Jul 26, 2014, at 06:56 , Garrett Wollman wrote:

> FreeBSD 9.3 was released a short while ago, but there are no config
> bits (which I discovered while preparing the new 9.3 buildslave that
> will shortly replace the 9.2 slave).  Also, the release cycle for
> FreeBSD 10.1 is about to start.  I've pushed two changes to Gerrit
> (11327 and 11328) to add bits to src/config for these two releases.
> No other changes should be necessary since FreeBSD doesn't break
> API/KPI compatibility within a major release.  11327 is obviously more
> important since 9.3 is already released.  For some reason, buildbot
> has decided not to start build-testing it yet; I can confirm that
> master+11327 does build on the 9.3-buildslave-to-be.

Buildbot is fine with the changes, and Jeffrey merged them onto master, =
and I don't se a problem with having these in the next 1.6 release. =
However, the changes pushed to the 1_6_x branch aren't quite right. They =
should have the full commit message as on master, plus a "cherry-picked =
from" line, but a different Change-ID (git cherry-pick -x 6667399; git =
commit --amend [remove the Change-ID line]; git push...).

11329 and 11330 should thus be abandoned and replaced with "proper" =
pull-ups. I'll mark them "do not submit" for this reason.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-
Platanenenallee 6