[OpenAFS-devel] Re: aklog on OS X does not contact KDC to obtain AFS serivce principal

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:20:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, Andrew Deason wrote:

> It would be better to have KRB5_TRACE-style tracing, or debugging
> messages via the krb5.conf 'logging' section, but I'm not sure if
> anything like that works on OS X (I can't get them to do anything on my
> 10.7 machine, but I'm not looking very hard).

KRB5_TRACE is MIT-only, as far as I know.
I also always have to look up which locations are checked for krb5.conf
relations; the OS X native krb5 and MIT krb5 check different locations.

Installing MIT krb5 and rebuilding openafs against it is an option, but I
don't think it's quite time to recommend that yet; let's see what we can
get from dtruss.

-Ben