[OpenAFS-devel] Re: aklog on OS X does not contact KDC to obtain AFS serivce principal

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:31:50 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:20:46 -0400 (EDT)
Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, Andrew Deason wrote:
>
> > It would be better to have KRB5_TRACE-style tracing, or debugging
> > messages via the krb5.conf 'logging' section, but I'm not sure if
> > anything like that works on OS X (I can't get them to do anything on my
> > 10.7 machine, but I'm not looking very hard).
>
> KRB5_TRACE is MIT-only, as far as I know.  I also always have to look
> up which locations are checked for krb5.conf relations; the OS X
> native krb5 and MIT krb5 check different locations.

Well, I didn't know if KRB5_TRACE was treated as part of the "shim'd"
MIT interface or something. The [logging] section tracing seems to be a
heimdalism, but I just haven't seen it actually work.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net