[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling openafs on arm64/aarch64 architecture

Micheal Waltz mwaltz@qualcomm.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 15:11:25 -0700

On 09/03/14 14:36, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> I suspect that we can persuade the release manager to let these in for
> 1.6.10, but we'll see. Someone will need to submit them to gerrit for
> consideration, and they would go through the master branch, first.

I'll pull the openafs repo and start applying some of the changes I've
made to a branch. I've been strictly using the deb-src packages from
Debian since my immediate goal was to get arm64 packages built and I
thought maybe it was just a few modifications to get it working. I'm
about to go out on paternity leave for a week however, and if anyone
wants to take this up sooner that's fine.

> See src/config/afs_sysnames.h; a new block will need to be allocated, I
> think.  There is a registry of sysname ranges at
> http://www.central.org/numbers/index.html, but I think some changes have
> been made in openafs that have not yet made it there.  (Hi, jhutz!)
>
> Along with a sysname allocation, it will also need a param.h precursor,
> akin to the various param.foo.h files in src/config.  You may end up
> needing to add some conditionals to src/libafs/MakefileProto.LINUX.in; I
> really have no idea what to expect.

Thank you for the pointers and the list at central.org does look a bit
out-of-date and is missing arm_linux* sysnames completely.

--
Micheal Waltz
Unix Configuration Management (go/ucm)