[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling openafs on arm64/aarch64 architecture

Micheal waltz mwaltz@qualcomm.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:59:35 -0700

On 09/05/2014 04:28 PM, Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) wrote:
> In message <alpine.GSO.1.10.1409051426120.21571@multics.mit.edu>,Benjamin Kaduk writes:
>> If linux arm64 does not support running 32-bit executables, you can just
>> put in "if (0)".  You could probably do so for now even if arm64 does
>> support 32-bit executables, with an XXX comment that it needs to be
>> revisited.  I am not a linux kernel expert, so I don't know how to do this
>> "properly" off the top of my head.
> Actually, the comment for that routine says:
>
> /*
>   * If you need to change copyin_iparam(), you may also need to change
>   * copyin_afs_ioctl().
>   *
>   * This function is needed only for icreate, meaning, only on platforms
>   * providing the inode fileserver.
>   */
>
> And it's right.  This routine is only used for afs's icreate which will
> never happen on linux unless someone ports the inode fileserver (very
> unlikely).
>
> You should be able to just safely get rid of this all Linux's.

Thank you both for the response and I'll try the if (0) approach first
and see how it goes. I don't want to make a major change like that to
the existing code and someone else with more experience should probably
tackle it.

Micheal