[OpenAFS-devel] afs_readdir()'s behavior when out of buffers

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:36:38 -0500 (EST)

Mike has a very old change in gerrit 1001 to return an error when
afs_readdir() runts out of buffers ("afs: all buffers locked"), which
occasionally people run into and have sad clients.

The patch there is quite stale, though, and would require a fair bit of
effort to rebase to current master.

This is not a particularly pressing issue, and I don't think it's a
blocker for a 1.8 release, but it's also a concrete task that anyone could
work on, so I'll mention it here in case someone is interested, in the
hope that it might not get lost.

-Ben