[OpenAFS-devel] volumename in clone

Hans-Werner Paulsen hans@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:45:42 +0100

Hello OpenAFS experts,
currently I am working on an OpenAFS backup program, which uses "vos dump"
to create a dump file.
When I create a volume dump with "vos dump -id <volume>.backup" the volumename
is recorded with the dump.
But, when I use the command "vos dump -id <volume> -clone" the (useless) name
"dump-clone-temp" is stored within the dump file. I am looking for a way to
have the volume name in the dump file.
Before I send patches to gerrit, I want to see your suggestions.
Is it necessary to modify the original volumename in the clone at all? If not,
the application can send an empty string as the "new volumename" to the
volume server, which does not modify the volumename in the clone in this case.

Thank you for any help,
HW

--
Hans-Werner Paulsen		hans@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE