[OpenAFS-devel] Retiring the debian-i386 buildbot slave. Do we need a replacement?

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:57:35 -0500

<<On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:43:18 -0500, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> said:

> What types of management do you need others to provide?
> * initial installation of OS

Since VMs would be set up from images this is not required.

> * general maintenance and patching of OS

For our (CSAIL's) managed Ubuntu VMs this happens semi-automatically.
For a generic Debian I would want someone else to be keeping an eye on
it.  (I already do this for the FreeBSD buildslaves.)

> * installation and management of the buildslave software (without root
> access)

Installation and configuration of the actual buildslave is something
that I can do, but since I'm not familiar with doing it on Debianoid
systems it would be nicer to have a recipe to follow.  (On our managed
Ubuntu platform we would get Puppet to do this, if there was any
chance of having more than one VM.)

-GAWollman