[OpenAFS-devel] Retiring the debian-i386 buildbot slave. Do we need a replacement?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:43:18 -0500

On 01/20/2015 06:57 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:30:12 -0500 (EST), Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> said:
>
>> It would be nice to have a debian-based buildslave.  (Is the one getting
>> retired really running lenny like its info page says?)
>> I will try to look into what options I have for hosting such a thing,
>> though they may not be the most reliable of hosting options.
> We could easily host this in our OpenStack infrastructure (we are
> already doing so for the FreeBSD 10 buildslave) but it would be better
> to have someone else who can set it up and give whatever management
> TLC is required from time to time.
>
> Our regular platform is Ubuntu and it would be slightly easier for us
> to support various flavors of that.

What types of management do you need others to provide?
* initial installation of OS
* general maintenance and patching of OS
* installation and management of the buildslave software (without root
access)
* everything (full stack)