[OpenAFS-devel] rethinking log rotation

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 28 Jan 2015 07:54:56 -0500

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 08:37:22 +0100
Christof Hanke <christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:

> When you are packaging openafs, the paths are decided by the distribution, not
> upstream.

Which reminds me that OpenAFS should possibly provide a short README to
package maintainers about what the packaging is expected to do for
an OpenAFS install.  While all the package maintainers should be on
release-team mailing list, I don't know that they all are.  Anyway, it
seems like it might be a good idea to tell maintainers what to do if
OpenAFS is gettting away from maintaining the packaging.

> Other than that, I agree with the external rotation solution.

If it was clear before I prefer external rotation since it doesn't
duplicate work already done.