[OpenAFS-devel] Builder for FreeBSD 12 now FreeBSD 12.3

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:06:45 -0500

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 20:23:36 +0100
M=E5ns Nilsson <mansaxel@besserwisser.org> wrote:

> Good evening,=20
>=20
> I have just, after a quick check with Michael Meffie, upgraded the FreeBSD
> buildbot machine to FreeBSD 12.3 since it was released earlier this month.
>=20
> I'd like to request a quick build trig, just to make sure we're still good
> -- at least with the machinery. I've made a  hand-build of master (with
> sysname =3D amd64_fbsd_122) while typing this mail; it goes through witho=
ut
> larger errors and make test just returned:
>=20
> All tests successful, 7 tests skipped.
> Files=3D28,  Tests=3D5473,  6.96 seconds (2.60 usr + 1.30 sys =3D 3.90 CP=
U)
>=20
> The bits for 12.3 in src/config/ aren't there yet, so a 12.3 sysname
> build fails.
>=20
> On the horizon, I've got a FreeBSD 13 machine for this same purpose. I
> hope to get some time to concentrate on installing that during the
> season vacations.

Hello M=E5ns,

I just manually triggered a build of gerrit 14851 and the freebsd12-amd64
worker built it without errors.

I forgot the sysname is not auto-detected on freebsd and is set in the buil=
dbot
master configuration for that builder.  Yes, it is currently set to
amd64_fbsd_122. Let me know if that needs to change and I can easily update=
 the
master.cfg (or you can send a pull request to https://github.com/openafs-co=
ntrib/afsbotcfg/)

Best regards,