[OpenAFS-Doc] PR Pamphlet

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:49:06 -0400

 ---  I started working on a PR pamphlet for OpenAFS.    The idea is
that if we ever have a booth at a conference or somesuch (like, say,
the upcoming Ohio Linux Fest, or even SCALE), we can have something
informative to pass out.

The pamphlet is your standard six section foldout thingy.  Right now I've got
 - the cover
 - "Who uses OpenAFS?"  [which I'll make sure to get permission from
the places before I use 'em; right now I have placeholders]
 - "Why Use OpenAFS?"  [two sections, because I found that one section
just didn't work right]

That's 4 out of 6.  Ideas for the other two?

Remember that it needs to be general, yet informative.  We don't want
to overwhelm folks.

I'll try to send along my in-progress mess asap.

 --- FWIW, I also continue to take swipes at the FAQ section of the
Wiki.  The grand plan there is to eventually have a new "one shot" FAQ
that can be quickly read & posted places.  It's definitely waay too
much for the pamphlet.

--- Also, BTW, I am specifically posting this here and *not* to -info
because a) this is the right crowd to talk about wording 'n' at and b)
I'd prefer the help from a smaller, more focused group of people.

--- Lastly, and possibly most importantly, the cover currently says:

OpenAFS
The Best Cross Platform,
Open Source, Secure,
Distributed Filesystem

I'm open to ideas on how to change that, or what to change it to.
Even better, I'd like to come up with something that we can then shove
at the Elders and say, "We recommend this be used in general for a
slogan/mantra/whatever."

[&, yes, I do realize that at least 3 of the Elders are reading this
list.  So there.]

Thanks, folks!