[OpenAFS] UDPATE: URGENT: Woody upgrade breaks openAFS

Andrew Perrin andrew_perrin@unc.edu
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:33:36 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to Sam Hartman, Todd Lewis, and Derek Atkins, I've figured this
out.

For some reason, when I did the make-kpkg modules_image before, the
package was actually not recompiled -- perhaps because of a timestamp
issue, but I don't know for sure. Here's what I did to fix it:

cd /usr/src/modules
mv openafs ../oldopenafs
cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.19pre17
rm stamp-configure
make-kpkg configure
make-kpkg modules_image
cd /usr/src
dpkg -i openafs-modules-2.2.19pre17_1.2.2-2+ofc.1.4_i386.deb
insmod openafs
/etc/init.d/openafs-client start

everything is now working beautifully.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA