[OpenAFS] Cache Problem

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
18 Dec 2001 18:12:15 -0500

Jeff Baldwin <jeff_baldwin@unc.edu> writes:

> Derek --
>
> Thanks for the quick reply... I don't have a /etc/sysconfig/afs...  I do
> have /etc/sysconfig/openafs, which is a shell script.  As I look at

Huh?  That's not what file my RPM includes.  Where did you get your
RPM?

> it... it reads like this (posted below)... though I feel this will not
> be of much help.  Thanks for the help!

Well, it's really a config file (even though it reads like a shell
script).  It _is_ a shell script, but it's still a config file, just
using SH syntax ;)

[snip]

> # you should never need to change these settings
> AFSDIR=/afs
> CACHEDIR=/usr/vice/cache
> if [ -f /etc/redhat-release ]; then
> 	RHVersion=$(sed 's/\(Red Hat Linux \)\?release \([^ ]*\) (.*)/\2/'
> /etc/redhat-release)
> 	if [ "$RHVersion" != "6.2" ]; then
> 		CACHEDIR=/.afscache
> 	fi
> fi

This is where the program is changing you from /usr/vice/cache
to /.afscache.  I don't know who inserted this code (it wasn't
me) but this is your culprit.

-derek