[OpenAFS] Basic newbie question...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 17:34:46 -0500

--On Saturday, February 24, 2001 10:13:20 AM -0500 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> --On Saturday, February 24, 2001 09:00:43 AM -0500 Derek Atkins
> <warlord@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>> Honestly, I'm not sure if anyone has published a document on how
>> to do this.  Basically, you:
>>	 1) Install Kerberos
>>	 2) Install AFS
>>	 3) Build (or install) "aklog" and "asetkey", which are the
>>	    tools used to obtain AFS tokens or install an AFS KeyFile
>>	    (for AFS Servers) from Kerberos tickets.
>>	 4) Continue as normal; use kinit+aklog instead of klog to get
>>	    Kerberos Tickets + AFS Tokens

Another way you can do this, and this is cheating but it works.

Set up AFS as normal, including configuring the kaserver.
Build and install heimdal, making sure to --enable-kaserver and
--enable-kaserver-db
Configure /etc/krb5.conf. Run kstash, then init the database by running
kadmin -l and invoking
init YOUR.REALM

Having done this,
hprop -K -n -c your.cell |hpropd -n

Congratulations, you're ready to use a Heimdal KDC for your AFS install.
Just delete the bos node corresponding to the kaserver, and run the heimdal
kdc, or do as I did and create a bos node corresponding to the kdc. Make
sure to configure kpasswdd, kadmind, v4kadmind if you care, and set up
propagation if you wish to replicate; I use iprop for the moment.

-D