[OpenAFS] Problems getting AFS running on Solaris 7 (SPARC)

Nicholas Basila nbasila@bottlecapnotes.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:13:40 -0400

Hi,

    We have a cell of four redhat linux servers and I'm looking to add
Sun servers to the cell. I am using the binaries for 1.0.4a, and I can
install afs up to the point of the installation of the kaserver. It
stops working at that point. I can authenticate using klog. It would
appear that only the client is working (I can see and use the cell,
etc.) . I can't see the volserver or any of the others running.
Bosserver is not running. In the log file /usr/afs/logs/BosLog, I see:

Mon Jul  9 17:50:19 2001: Server directory access is not okay
Mon Jul  9 17:50:20 2001: bosserver: Something is wrong (-1) with the
bos config ration file /usr/afs/local/BosConfig; aborting

    And in /usr/afs/local/BosConfig I have:

restarttime 11 0 4 0 0
checkbintime 3 0 5 0 0
bnode simple upclientetc 1
parm /usr/afs/bin/upclient redhat2
/usr/afs/etc
end
bnode simple upserver 1
parm /usr/afs/bin/upserver -clear /usr/afs/bin
end
bnode fs fs 1
parm /usr/afs/bin/fileserver
parm /usr/afs/bin/volserver
parm /usr/afs/bin/salvager
end

    In the volserver log, there is one line stating that the volserver
was started (this was when I first created it.)

    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Nicholas