[OpenAFS] Openafs on VMware nt4 & linux guest OS

Forrest Whitcher fw@fwsystems.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:49:34 -0400

tomorrow I'll go to work on installing vanilla / sources k5
and afs on linux < vmware < linux (2.2.19)

For now I've just done the simple-stupid wininstall on NT
It seems to work ok with one exception, I am still getting
an authentication timestamp for jan 1 2001, times out after
the 5 minute AFS time-check granularity ???

any ideas why this happens? ... is it the same if you build
the win NT system from soruce? ... not that that would help,
as building win-style clients from source isn't an option for
me just now.

Still as a read-client tool / no ACL's it works nicely,
performance is fine, even on a pretty heavily loaded system
(3 vm's running + some linux compute-jobs on the host os)

I'll post as soon as I have results, how the linux version
runs on VMware linux < linux.

forrest

--
Forrest Whitcher    Principal      FW Systems
617.254.3506                       fw@fwsystems.com