Correction - [OpenAFS] Win2K command line drive mapping

Patrick J. LoPresti patl@curl.com
13 Jul 2001 10:03:32 -0400

"James Peterson" <jimpeter@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Sorry about my previously incomplete message.
>
> You are correct Global Drive Mapping doesn't seem to work.   I'll look into
> it.
>
> You can use NET USE to map your drives.
>    Set Start AFS Client when computer starts
>    place in your logon script:  net use T: \\yourComputerName-afs\yourPath

How do you do this if the logon script is shared among many machines?
(Is there a reason \\localhost-afs\yourPath could not be made to work,
for example?)

I am curious how one is supposed to carry out a large-scale AFS
deployment to Windows machines.  Is there a reason for tying the AFS
configuration to the machine name?  At first glance, it seems like
needless variation among the clients.

 - Pat