[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Tim Carlson tim.carlson@pnl.gov
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:58:46 -0700

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> AFS should fit in just with that.  What's the point of /usr/afsws in a
> Red Hat (Debian, Mandrake, SuSE) world?  Most users wouldn't know or
> care.  So, files get installed where a normal user of Linux would
> expect to find them (at least in most cases).

In our environment where you have Transarc AFS running on
HPUX/AIX/IRIX/Solaris/Linux, migrating to OpenAFS is much easier on our
load of scripts that work on all of these platforms if the files remain in
the same place

We will continue to roll our own RPM for OpenAFS with the files living
where we think they should be :-)

Tim Carlson
Voice: (509) 376-0300
Email: Tim.Carlson@pnl.gov