[OpenAFS] AFS server/cell setup tool (Linux)

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
01 Jun 2001 09:20:33 -0400

    Derek> When you're done, I would be more than happy to add this to
    Derek> the OpenAFS RPMs.

    Derek> You might want to look at the Debian scripts that Sam
    Derek> Hartman did, and if possible try to re-use as much of his
    Derek> work as possible.

    Derek> It would be nice to have a generic setup script as well as
    Derek> various package-specific-configuration-mechanisms.  But I
    Derek> don't know how hard that would be.

Really, everything I do is generic except for directory names.  If
someone wants to propose a solution for how to know if you are on an
FHS or traditional AFS paths system, then what I do could become
generic.

My requirements for such a system are:

* Strongly discourages kaserver, preferably not supporting it at all

* Anticipates or works with bosserver in restricted mode