[OpenAFS] WinNT/2000 with NetWare client, password problem

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:33:58 +0100

On Sun, 03 Jun 2001 15:55:49, Brent Putman <putmanb@georgetown.edu> wrote:
> I've discovered a curious problem in trying to run the OpenAFS client
> v1.0.4 for Windows NT/2000 on machines which also have the Novell
> NetWare Client for NT/2000 installed.  I wanted to see if anyone else
> has experienced a similar issue.
>
> On a machine with the NetWare Client installed (vers. 4.7 and 4.8), when
> trying to obtain an AFS token, I'm getting an error:  "The AFS Client
> was unable to obtain tokens as <userid>  in cell <my cell name>.  Error
> 62 (password was incorrect)."  No valid AFS userid/password combo works.

I saw this recently when someone came to me trying to get OpenAFS
to work on an NT machine (which also had the NetWare client, though
I'm not sure it affected the problem).  We discovered that the
installation did not have a correct current CellServDB file;
I don't remember where I figured out to copy it, but it worked after
I did it.  We also, like Brent, could map the system:anyuser read
area of AFS to a drive letter without authenticating.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk