[OpenAFS] AFS > RH > 2.4.5?

Corey Kovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:18:21 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_VFNGz1nDA352wGGJksP9Xg)

I just installed AFS 1.0.4 for redhat 7.1 on a box running redhat 7.1
with a clean
version of 2.4.5 from kernel.org. After compiling the libafs.mp.o
module, all
seems well and good. I went through the setup outlined in the getting
started docs,
created a filespace, activated the cell etc.

I can create files and directories in the afs filespace
(/afs/.cellname/afsdocs) just fine.
however, when I try to copy files from ext2 into afs space, the whole
box hangs.
This is of course after klogging to AFS and getting a token etc.

I have seen mention about compiling kernels on rh7.0 with kgcc, but saw
no such package on
the 7.1 cd set so I used gcc 2.96.

Do I need to compile the whole openafs package from source? This is how
I've done it in the
past with kernel 2.2.18 but the thought of being convenient struck me as
kind of nice.

If I need to recompile the whole thing, can I do it via rpm?

anyway some things about the box.

Dell poweredge 2400 (2x933Mhz)
1 GB Ram
PERC2/DC raid card (megaraid driver)
/vicepa is mounted against a 20 GIG partition.

At any rate, thanx to anyone who can help with this!

--
Corey Kovacs               "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.      will be fought, but World War IV will be

--Boundary_(ID_VFNGz1nDA352wGGJksP9Xg)

I just installed AFS 1.0.4 for redhat 7.1 on a box running redhat 7.1 with
a clean
all
started docs,
just fine.
box hangs.
saw no such package on
how I've done it in the
me as kind of nice.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Corey Kovacs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; will be fought, but World War IV will be
DePauw University.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fought with sticks and stones."
765.658.4761&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Albert Einstein</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--Boundary_(ID_VFNGz1nDA352wGGJksP9Xg)--