[OpenAFS] campus usage info request

Jack Hsu jack.hsu@asu.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:49:39 -0700

Doreen Meyer wrote:

> UC Davis currently deploys AFS for software distribution and web page
> files for administrative applications serving the campuswide
> population in a mission critical capacity.   UC Davis has a combined
> population of 40,000 students, faculty and staff.

At ASU, we have about 1TB AFS storage with 3 Sun DB servers and 5 AIX AFS file
servers. It is being used for web space, share storage, and home directory for
50,000 students, faculty, and staff.

> Is anyone using
> AFS, OpenAFS  or another alternative for administrative,
> mission-critical production applications on their campus?  We're
> interested in discussing your technical environment, experiences, and
> plans for other alternatives, especially any plans for implementing
> OpenAFS for these types of applications.

We are evaluating OpenAFS. Likely we will migrate our AFS clients to OpenAFS
first, then servers.

Jack Hsu    (Jack.Hsu@asu.edu)