[OpenAFS] OpenAFS file server leaking file handles

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:21:49 +0200

Hi,

we are running an OpenAFS file server against two Arla clients (one of which
is on the server machine).

When we do 'heavy lifting' such as untarring the linux kernel unto an AFS
volume, the AFS server starts leaking file handles, until the system runs
out.

We are running Linux 2.4.5 with Mosix 1.0.3, OpenAFS1.0.4 and Arla 0.35.4.

Has this problem been noticed by anyone else? If anyone is able to do the
same (untarring the kernel fx) on a similar system without problems, we
would be glad to know.

What is the normal FH requirement of an AFS file server setup?

Thanks,
Jacob

--
always always avoid redundancy