[OpenAFS] OpenAFS file server leaking file handles

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg@ioi.dk
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:27:23 +0200

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 05:46:05PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Try without Mosix.  I don't think that Mosix is going to mix that well
> with an AFS server; I can see it being useful for clients though.

Without Mosix, the server still allocs and keeps about one handle per file
in the untar, but it does not die with 'cannot allocate memory' errors
as it does when Mosix is compiled in.

Seems to be Mosix having trouble with large numbers of open files. Why must
the AFS server keep so many files open?

Well, back to the Mosix list with this issue...

Best,
Jacob

--
always always avoid redundancy