[OpenAFS] Aklog

T. Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:06:54 +1200

Hi

We are trying to set up an OpenAFS cell using a mix of linux OpenAFS
servers (Redhat 7.1) and win2k/linux clients. So far we have been able to
get openafs servers running with the stock kernel but we cannot compile the
24.2 kernel modules or the OpenAFS source again the 2.4.2-2 Redhat kernel
source. We got around this by compiling against a kernel.org 2.4.4 src
package (we haven't tested this kernel[smp]-OpenAFS package yet but will
soon).

So the linux server/client side seems to be okay if we stick with kaserver.
However we want to use Krb5 so I have been plugging away at getting the
AFS-Krb5 migration kit to compile. So far I have managed to get all but
aklog to compile and we have a test cell working with krb5 (although I have
tried so many things that I have forgotten what actually worked) which I
can access using Transarcs windows client.

Has anyone got patched src or binaries for the migration kit for RedHat
7.1, OpenAFS-1.0.4 and MIT Kerberos-1.2.2. I have been following the "How
to set up AFS with Kerberos V" web pages by Martin Schulz but I had to use
afs_int32 not int32_t (thanks to Ken for that) and am now stuck at the
adderetable.o bit. I can't follow the Martin's web site here because my
Makefile entries look exactly like that on the web site. Is that good/bad?

I tried compiling krb5 with the --enable-shared but that broke all the
packages not just aklog? Also I have the Redhat supplied krb5-1.2.2 client
programs and AFSKRB5 lib installed in a directory /usr/kerberos while the
compiled krb5 (same version) is in /usr/local/(bin/include/lib/sbin). If I
use the following

./configure --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos
--with-afs=/usr/src/openafs-1.0.4/dest
--with-krb5-obj=/usr/local/src/krb5-1.2.2/src

I have had a lot more success using this configuration than if I point
with-krb5 to /usr/local. Is this because the krbafs lib is required by the
migration kit?

I have been communicating with Ken but if someone has already got this
working, I don't want to waste Ken's time reinventing the wheel.

Cheers

Matt Cocker