[OpenAFS] redhat 7.1 kernel modules

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Jun 2001 16:54:36 -0400

Actually, that's not quite the problem..  It may be related, but not
quite it.

First, the kernel-headers package in RH 7.1 installs headers into
/usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm.  It does not (as previous
releases did) install headers into /usr/src/linux.

Second, OpenAFS still looks at /usr/src/linux-<rel>/include, which
doesn't exist unless you install the kernel-source RPM.

Third, if you look closely at RH 7.1, /lib/modules/<rel>/build is just
a symlink to ../../../usr/src/linux-<rel> (well, mostly, but good
enough for this argument).  So, the fact that OpenAFS is looking at
/usr/src/linux-<rel> doesn't really matter.

All I can guess is that the symbol versions distributed with the
kernel-source RPM don't match the version symbols compiled into the
kernel.

-derek