[OpenAFS] Segfault in bos

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
29 Jun 2001 11:01:04 -0400

    Andrew> On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 01:22:31PM -0400,
    Andrew> Derek Atkins wrote:

    >> Actually, I think this is the wrong way to install the KeyFile.
    >> IIRC, if you are using MIT Kerberos (instead of Heimdal) you
    >> need to use asetkey in order to convert from the keytab format
    >> generated by ktutil to the AFS KeyFile format.

    Andrew> Ah!  That gets me a little further along, anyway.  Thanks.

    Andrew> I should probably dig a little deeper for documentation
    Andrew> before I go too much further, though.  (Could anyone tell
    Andrew> me, for example, where I'd find docs that would help me
    Andrew> figure out what something like "You must be logged into
    Andrew> the cell with tokens in system:administrators and with a
    Andrew> principal that is in the susers file of the servers in the
    Andrew> cell" means?)

Note that afs-newcell will add something to system:administrators and
susers that you specify.  You simply need to create a Kerberos
principal that you want to have administrative privilege then give
that principal name to afs-newcell.

Then kinit as that principal and run aklog before running afs-rootvol.