[OpenAFS] Segfault in bos

Andrew Klaassen ak@dkp.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:44:36 -0400

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:01:04AM -0400,
Sam Hartman wrote:

> Note that afs-newcell will add something to
> system:administrators and susers that you specify.

Where do 'system:administrators' and 'susers' live?  What are
they?  What does it mean to add something to them?  (Obviously,
I'm not looking for answers to these specific questions; I'm
looking for docs, if any are available.  Thanks.)

> You simply need to create a Kerberos principal that you want
> to have administrative privilege then give that principal name
> to afs-newcell.
>
> Then kinit as that principal and run aklog before running
> afs-rootvol.

I'm edging slightly closer.  Now it's an error with afs-rootvol
("fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'").  So
far:

 - create and mount partitions for /vicepa and
/var/cache/openafs

 # apt-get install openafs-client openafs-dbserver openafs-fileserver openafs-krb5

 - edit /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl and uncomment the '*/admin *'
line

 # /etc/init.d/krb5-admin-server restart

 # kadmin.local: addprinc -randkey afs
                 addprinc admin/admin
                 ktadd -k /tmp/KeyFile afs

 # kinit -p admin/admin

 # klist -k /tmp/KeyFile (to get kvno, which was 6)

 # asetkey add 6 /tmp/KeyFile afs

 # afs-newcell (there were some weird errors here about Ubik):
<snip>
Do you meet these requirements? [y/n] y
If the fileserver is not running, this may hang for 30 seconds.
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop
Stopping AFS Server: bosserver.
What administrative principal should be used? admin/admin
echo \>dkp.com >/etc/openafs/server/CellServDB
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver start
Starting AFS Server: bosserver.
bos addhost ranma ranma -localauth ||true
bos adduser ranma admin.admin -localauth
pt_util: /var/lib/openafs/db/prdb.DB0: Bad UBIK_MAGIC. Is 0 should be 354545
Ubik Version is: 2.0
Error while creating system:administrators: Entry for id already exists
pt_util: Ubik Version number changed during execution.
Old Version = 2.0, new version = 33554432.0
bos create ranma ptserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/ptserver -localauth
bos create ranma vlserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver -localauth
bos create ranma fs fs -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/fileserver -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/volserver -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/salvager -localauth
Waiting for database elections: done.
vos create ranma a root.afs -localauth
Volume 536870912 created on partition /vicepa of ranma
echo dkp.com >/etc/openafs/ThisCell
/etc/init.d/openafs-client force-start
Starting AFS services: afsd: All AFS daemons started.
 afsd.
Now, get tokens as admin.admin in the dkp.com cell.  Then, run
afs-rootvol.

 # kinit -p admin/admin

 # aklog

 # afs-rootvol (this doesn't seem to have worked):
<snip>
Do you meet these conditions? (y/n) y
You will need to select a server (hostname) and AFS
partition on which to create the root volumes.
What AFS Server should volumes be placed on? ranma.dkp.com
What partition? [a]
fs sa /afs system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'
Failed: 256

Thanks again.

Andrew Klaassen