[OpenAFS] segmentation fault when writing to cells

colin ellis live4linux@yahoo.co.uk
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:18:04 +0000 (GMT)

I am trying to set up openafs on Mandrake 7.2 (linux
kernel 2.2.17-secure).  I installed from source rpm
and followed the rules set out in the ibm
quick-beginnings documentation.

I have managed to get volumes set up on a server for :
/afs/<cell>/i386_linux22
/afs/<cell>/i386_linux22/usr
/afs/<cell>/i386_linux22/usr/afsws

and the corresponding replications such that I write
to /afs/.<cell>/i386_linux22 etc.

When performing the steps explained in the afs manual,
page 74 to copy the binaries from the "cdrom" to the
/afs/.cellname/sysname/usr/afsws/bin directory I come
into trouble.

I can only guess from the directory structure of the
rpm BUILD directory that I should be copying the
i386_linux22/dest/bin directory.

I tried copying these files and received a
segmentation fault.  I tried also creating a simple
text file and copying it, and also received a
segmentation fault.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Is there going to be a document released soon for
*openafs* that correctly describes the installation
procedure?

Best Regards,

Colin Ellis