[OpenAFS] Authentication problem

Corey Kovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:21:33 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_HkjA2x4BS1H6V3xhbsBtOA)

I am not sure if this is appropriate for this list but here goes.

I am trying to set up AFS as my authentication mechanism. I
have placed the pam_afs module in the right place and put the
following in my pam config for logins.

auth    sufficient    pam_afs.so    use_first_pass ignore_root
auth    optional      pam_unix.so #keep this for root access

when I try to login using a test user that I have created for afs
which I can klog as to get tokens etc. I get the following message.

Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.

Any ideas?

Also, thanks again to everyone who helped be understand the roles
of the readonly and readwrite volumes and how they operate
yesterday. It was a big help.

--
Corey Kovacs               "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.      will be fought, but World War IV will be

--Boundary_(ID_HkjA2x4BS1H6V3xhbsBtOA)

I am not sure if this is appropriate for this list but here goes.
use_first_pass ignore_root
#keep this for root access
<pre>--&nbsp;
Corey Kovacs&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; will be fought, but World War IV will be
DePauw University.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; fought with sticks and stones."
765.658.4761&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Albert Einstein</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--Boundary_(ID_HkjA2x4BS1H6V3xhbsBtOA)--