[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Project List

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:33:13 -0500

> I seem to recall that results of some performance tests were posted here
> or on openafs-devel in the not-too-distant past.  The performance problems
> with vos dump appear to be primarily in the dump process itself, _not_ in
> the network transfer.

FWIW, I was also playing around with vos dump a while back and it
seemed to me rx performance was the bottleneck. Trying to read the
vnodes ahead of time in a separate thread, using aio to fetch vnodes
in parallel, etc, didn't seem to help much at all, but increasing
some rx parameters (eg number of packets between acks) seemed to
get the "vos dump" performance up a bit.

-- kolya