[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Project List

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:27:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Stephen Joyce wrote:

> has significant security problems--fixed in the newest versions.  (We also
> have an issue where Windows clients fail miserably when authenticating
> against our krb5-bastardized AFS cell, but the lack of discussion of this
> issue leads me to believe that this is either a local problem or else very
> few sites are actively using the migration kit).

You need to make sure that in addition to the afs3 keys you have, that you
also have krb5-salted keys in your database, because that's what Windows
expects to see. I know this works correctly with Heimdal, because we're
using that for a KDC with krb4-salted and krb5-salted keys (we moved our
AFS cell to krb4-salted keys several years ago)

-D