[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Project List

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:31:26 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, David Thompson wrote:

> > |------------------+--------------+---------------+----------------------|
> > | Project          | Status       | Priority      | Contact Points       |
> > | Description      |              |               |                      |
> > |------------------+--------------+---------------+----------------------|
> > | Kerberos v. 5    | In progress  | N/A           | Ken Hornstein, Doug  |
> > |                  |              |               | Englert              |
>
> I had hoped this referred to the native k5 support outlined at the last
> Decorum.  Does anyone (besides us) still believe that would be a valuable
> enhancement?  Has anyone been able to find the notes from the presentation?

The intent is that the later-mentioned RxKad v3 enhancements include the
ability to use krb5 natively, but that the kaserver will not be modified
and instead you will be expected to run one of the existing krb5 kdcs.
Obviously, tools to deal with the cache manager will need to be provided
as the krb5 migration kit works under the "use krb5 to get a krb4 afs
ticket" assumption and that will no longer be necessary.

I don't think Jeff has had much time to work on this recently, and he's
probably asleep at the moment, but I'll let him comment further on this in
a few hours.

-D