[OpenAFS] weird problem... can't add a third DB server for ptserver

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:20:14 -0600

For the life of me, I can't figure out what is going on... I have three
servers with sequential IP addresses (x.x.x.227, 228, 229). I can get the DB
server running fine on the first server by itself. I can add the second
server, let it run for a bit, and it happily syncs up and sets 227 as the
sync site. However, no matter what I try, I can't get the third server to
join in.

I followed this:
A+B in all /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
A+B running ptserver happily, sync site is A
Add C to all /usr/afs/etc/CellServDB
Run ptserver C (either with an existing copy of prdb* or nothing in
/usr/afs/db/)
Wait.

It never sees a syncsite. If I then go and restart ptserver on A, NONE of
the servers will ever elect a syncsite.

Connectivity between the servers appears fine (they should all be on the
same switch I think). Everything else on the servers is happy, including
running the VLDB on all three servers.

Is there something obvious I am missing or not doing?

-- Nathan