[OpenAFS] Trouble Initializing Cell

Geoff Silver geoff@uslinux.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:03:25 -0500 (EST)

I've been trying to set up an OpenAFS server, and am following the printed
instructions, but I'm getting the following error:

bos: failed to set cell (communications failure (-1))

I have OpenAFS running as a client (but not a server), and have started
'/usr/afs/bin/bosserver -noauth'.  /usr/afs/etc/ThisCell includes only the
'localcell' entry, and CellServDB just includes the 'localcell' and IP (it
was self-generated by bosserver).  I'm starting to go out of my mind - if
anyone has an idea WHY it can't communicate (or what the heck it's trying
to communicate with, since bosserver is running, and I'm following the
instructions with 'bos setcellname <server> <cell> -noauth', that would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later..."