[OpenAFS] Trouble Initializing Cell

Brett Johnson mlafsinfo@k50.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:14:27 -0600

I followed the printed instructions once and went crazy.  It seems anything
IBM related doesn't have an installer (or instructions) worth a flip
sometimes...

These are my Red Hat 6.2 notes up to that point (should be good for most).
Since these are eaiser to read, double-check carefully up to where you are.
 If in doubt, clean up and start over.

It would also help to know what OS and such you are on if the problem
persists.

B++/K90, Inc.

umask 022
mkdir -p /usr/afs
mkdir -p /usr/vice/etc
cd ${Install}/root.client/usr/vice/etc
cp -rp modload /usr/vice/etc
cp -p afs.rc /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs
/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start
cd /lib/security
cp -p ${Install}/lib/pam_afs.so.1 .
rm pam_afs.so 2>/dev/null
ln -s pam_afs.so.1 pam_afs.so
mkdir /usr/afs/bin
cd ${Install}/bin
cp -p * /usr/afs/bin
cd ${Install}/root.server/usr/afs
cp -rp * /usr/afs
/usr/afs/bin/bosserver -noauth
cd /usr/afs/bin
./bos setcellname ${MachineName} ${CellName} -noauth