[OpenAFS] Trouble Initializing Cell

Geoff Silver geoff@uslinux.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:22:41 -0500 (EST)

> These are my Red Hat 6.2 notes up to that point (should be good for most).
> Since these are eaiser to read, double-check carefully up to where you are.
>  If in doubt, clean up and start over.
>
> It would also help to know what OS and such you are on if the problem
> persists.

Thanks for the instructions, although that's exactly where I'm at.  I'm
also setting this up on Red Hat 6.2, and it's the last line (bos
setcellname <machine> <cell> -noauth) where I have this trouble:
	bos: failed to set cell (communications failure (-1))

which confuses the heck out of me, because I've started the OpenAFS client
and 'bosserver -noauth', and this *should* work...

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later..."