[OpenAFS] Howto prevent afs from resetting the system clock?

Shyh-Wei Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 13:07:31 -0700

What is the recommended way for clock synchronization on AFS NT client
machines?

Shyh-Wei

"Neulinger, Nathan" <nneul@umr.edu>@openafs.org on 05/02/2001 10:43:39 AM

Sent by:  openafs-info-admin@openafs.org

To:   openafs-info@openafs.org
cc:
Subject:  RE: [OpenAFS] Howto prevent afs from resetting the system clock?

No... that's not true... real ntpd does a LOT better job than afsd does.
What is a bad idea is running both. Ideally, you should probably be running
NTPd on both your afs fileservers and your clients.

-- Nathan