[OpenAFS] open afs client on tru64 5.1

Clare West clare@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:16:38 +1200

Hello all,

I hope this question is appropriate for this list.

I work at Auckland University, in the computer science department. We
are trying to move to AFS as a filing system here, as we roll Linux out
in our labs. However, we need to continue to use our main compute
servers which are Alphas running various versions of tru64.

The main one is a new machine running tru64 5.1. This machine needs to
be set up as an nfs server and client, and as an afs client. I
downloaded openafs 1.0.4 and after some jiggery pokery got it to
compile. However, it only produced the library libafs.nonfs.o. Whereas I
obviously require libafs.o as I have NFS in the kernel of this machine.
I also downloaded the binaries and again found only the nonfs module.

Can anyone give advice on how to compile the module I need (libafs.o) on
tru64 5.1?

Is there an afs client available for tru64 5.1 that is free to
educational institutions, will work  on a machine that also does nfs,
and which will talk to an openafs server which is running on Linux?

clare