[OpenAFS] SMB AFS Gateway

Cameron, Frank cameron@ctc.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 23:23:01 -0400

I've been looking into using Samba as an SMB to AFS Gateway.  Right now,
I've just finished setting up a test system that almost works.  I have a
FreeBSD system with Robert Ricci's AFS PAM module and Samba 2.0.9 with PAM
support.  This setup works except our workstations are configured to only
use encrypted passwords and for Samba to work as a gateway the passwords
must be passed in clear-text so the PAM can take the password and get
tokens.  Except for the clear-text password issue it seems to work.   I'm
curious what anyone else has done or recommends.

Thanks.

-frank