[OpenAFS] aklog PAM module

Charles Clancy mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu
Thu, 31 May 2001 14:30:38 -0500 (EST)

On 31 May 2001, Martin Schulz wrote:

> Charles Clancy <mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu> writes:
>
> > So, I wrote a simple little PAM module that when used in conjunction with
> > Kerberos PAM will get a TGT and AFS token for users logging in, regardless
> > of what service they using.
>
> and when using it, I get in my messages:
>
> May 31 17:09:44 iwr07 login[25360]: PAM unable to resolve symbol:
>  pam_sm_close_session

Ah -- /bin/login on linux behaves differently from standard daemons like
OpenSSH.  If it forks, and then its child terminates after an execvp, the
OS apparently interprets that as the user logging out, and drops the
connection.  So, I replaced the fork/execvp with a system().  Also, I
included the pam_sm_close_session to be fully compatible.

ftp://ftp.cs.rose-hulman.edu/pub/misc/pam-aklog/pam-aklog-1.0.1.tar.gz

ALSO:

On 31 May 2001, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I'd appreciate it if you could coordinate with the upstream author of
> libpam-openafs-session
> (http://packages.debian.org/libpam-openafs-session) and make either
> your package or his go away; I don't think we need two different
> packages doing the same thing.  I am not the author; simply the Debian
> maintainer.  The author is Alberto Mancini <mancini@math.unifi.it>.

I didn't even realize this package existed.  Ironicly, it was brought up
on the list only hours before I decided to publish the module I've been
using for 2 months.  Perhaps I should have more carefully scanned my
139-message inbox before posting.  I'll look into it.  Thanks!
      Charles Clancy -- mgrtcc@cs.rose-hulman.edu
Senior UNIX Administrator, Rose-Hulman Computer Science