[OpenAFS] AFS without local authentication

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:04:23 -0500

>Linux is simple, just add hesiod to /etc/nsswitch.conf and set up
>/etc/hesiod.conf.  Solaris is almost as easy, you just have to download
>the nss_hesiod module for Solaris and then do the configuration as with
>Linux.

You're missing my point.  If it's just Linux and Solaris, then that's
not enough OS coverage if you're a heterogenous site, which is (in my
opinion) the reason Hesiod enjoys such little use.  NIS "just works"
with everybody, because it's included with the base OS.

--Ken