[OpenAFS] 1.1.1a for Windows - Obtain Tickets

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:07:47 -0700

> I've an afs client installed in a  Windos 2000 system for testing.
> The client starts up okay but I can't get any tickets from my cell.
> I'm running kth-krb4 as kerberos server for the cell. Does the client
> only work with a kasserver or is it a configuration issue ?

1. From the Windows 2000 environment you might try to obtain tokens
manually:
   Bring up the DOS command window
   Enter evemtwr     (This will bring up the evenlog window.)
   Clear the event log
   Start up the AFS service (don't try to obtain tokens).
   switch to the DOS command line window
   Enter klog yourname@yourcell
   Follow with password.
   Record any messages or errors in the event log or from the command line.
   Send us the results
2. Try to mount a drive (NET USE * \\machineN-afs\all)
2. Look at the event log for relevant error messages
3. Are you trying to cross over a firewall
4. If the error message is:
     : The AFS client was unable to obtain tokens as <user> to cell
<cellname>.
     : Error: 62 (the password was incorrect)
    The format of afsdcell.ini may be incorrect.
     : Look into the Cell DB file (default=.\WINNT\afsdcell.ini).
     : Remove these lines:

     : # This file must change to specify a cell.
     : # The "511.01.01.01" represents an IP address.
     : >PutCellNameHere              # CellName Comment
     : 511.01.01.01             #DBServerMachineName1
     : 511.02.02.02             #DBServerMachineName2
     : 511.03.03.03             #DBServerMachineName3

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."