[OpenAFS] Unable to stop AFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Oct 2001 13:35:49 -0400

This is a known problem with Linux 2.4.x and is being actively
worked on.  Unfortunately it is not something that can be
reliably reproduced.  In particular, if you run:

	/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start
	/etc/rc.d/init.d/afs stop

AFS will generally stop without error.  The current theory is that
there is some descriptor leak in the 2.4 port that causes afs
to be unable to unmount itself at shutdown.

You will notice that OpenAFS on Red Hat 6.2 (Linux 2.2) does not
have this same problem.

-derek