[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and FreeBSD

Nicholas Basila nbasila@bottlecapnotes.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:41:33 -0400

Hi,

    I was wondering what the status of OpenAFS on FreeBSD is. I managed
to get version 1.2 to build partially on FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE. I got most,
if not all of the normal userland tools to build, and they seem to work.
However, I got a message saying that there was no kernel module
available. I certainly don't mind building it into the kernel, but that
didn't seem to work properly. Under src/libafs/STATIC, I found several
symbolic links to the kernel directory (/usr/src/sys). Is it possible to
build a kernel with AFS built-in? If so, what options should I add to my
kernel config?

Thanks,

Nicholas