[OpenAFS] Win 9x - ticket Life time

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:21:29 -0700

> On windows 98 I keep getting the following:
> (11:37: 6-930)Unable to authenticate to AFS because:
> 'code = 98: requested ticket lifetime invalid'.

This error looks like a problem with the Kerbos authentication.

Please check the Kerbos configuration.
Is this Kerbos 5 or 4?
You must set up your token life time properly.
Lifetime must be >0 and < 30 days.

Would you try to do Klog from a DOS window.  This will exclude any errors
that may be associated with the Windows GUI application.

Have you tried to access the AFS from a Win2k client?  This would exclude
any errors may be associated with the Windows 9x client.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."